We are delighted to be delivering this Masterclass for Cornwall Chamber of Commerce. To sign up, please see the link below.
The rules of origin are complex and are often not understood by businesses involved in international trade. This introduction course provides an understanding of the rules which govern international trade origin, tariffs and valuation and their importance in terms of correct calculation of tax and duties. It offers a review of the current preference and non-preference origin and their implications for importers and exporters specific to the Food and Drink, or Ari Food sector.
- The Importance of origin
- How to establish non preferential rule of origin
- Preferential rule of origin
- Origin documentation and supplier declarations
- Understanding tariff codes and classifying goods
- Product labelling and compliance for Food and Drink, and Agri Food Sector
- Where to get help and advice
Who Should Attend:
This course will benefit anyone in the Food and Drink, or Agri Food sector involved in the administration and management of international trade, needing to understand duties, taxes, and compliance to avoid mistakes that can be serious and costly. The course is valuable for beginners and serves as a refresher for experienced individuals needing to update themselves on the changes and the effects of Brexit.