This full-day practical programme provides delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare and process documents encountered when exporting goods overseas. It is fully supported with user friendly and up-to-date notes (including copies of completed documents) to ensure they can operate effectively back in the workplace.
During the programme delegates will study the principles and current industry practices required to ensure that they can process documents thus ensuring they operate both legally and cost effectively. They will study all of the critical documents – and will know how to complete them, what to do with them and WHY they are preparing them.
Workshop Programme Details
- “The foundations” – including a study of information sources, legal requirements, record keeping and software systems
- A study of the significance of documentary content – with specific reference to Incoterms 2010, how to prove origin and the commodity code
- The exporters commercial documents – quotations, invoices and packing lists
- The “origin documents” – including C/Os, EUR1s and A.TRs
- Official documents – the export licence, pre-shipment inspection, and C88 SAD atCustoms’ clearance
- Dealing with the freight forwarder – including ECSIs, SSNs
- The proof of export documents – including Bills of lading, AWBS and CMR notes
- Payment mechanisms and a review of the documents needed to ensure paymentWho Should Attend
All those working in export administration, export sales and freight moving who are required to deal with export documents within their organisation. Newcomers and experienced staff needing a refresher programme, on current requirements will benefit greatly from this programme. At the end of the programme delegates will have received training to ensure they can confidently deal with export documents within their organisation, thus ensuring both legal compliance and cost effectiveness for all of their exports.
Download Devon Chamber International Trade Training 2019 Brochure