Having worked for the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) for more than 20 years, Dave is a trusted authority on IP
Dave has experience across a broad cross-section of industries, having operated in both private and public sectors as a senior leader within multinational manufacturers and distributors. He has also been a successful business owner, focussing on food & drink and creative arts sectors.
During his time at the IPO, which is the government body responsible for Intellectual Property in the UK, he has held a number of key roles, including policy, business outreach, communications and stakeholder engagement. He has;
- Delivered numerous training courses to both intermediaries and businesses via face-to-face seminars and workshops and more recently via webinars;
- Drafted blogs and written articles published in specialist magazines such as AiA Magazine;
- Delivered Key note addresses both domestically and internationally;
- Worked with individual business to help them consider how IP impacts on their business and highlight opportunities to maximise its value;
- Worked in IP Finance;
- Worked with the Devolved Authorities, a number of Growth Hubs across England, trained International Trade Advisors, delivered sessions for ICAEW, IoD, Chambers and worked within a Combined Authority to influence policy development and provide support for Growth Hub staff and deliver one to ones with businesses within the region.
He is passionate about IP and how it can help a business succeed in a competitive marketplace.
He can help explain how intellectual property impacts on a business and also help them identify potential next steps to develop an IP strategy which aligns with their business plans, KPIs and goals. He can also detail how IP can offer opportunities to grow through brand extension, further market penetration, licensing and taking the business internationally.