Date(s) - 04/12/2020
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
On the 4th December, South West Business Council will be holding their final conference of 2020, there is a great line-up of speakers from business, national government and academia to discuss what future trade could look like for the South West.
From exploring global markets to opening up new opportunities with Europe, they will go behind the rhetoric to explore how regional business can thrive in unprecedented times.
We are delighted to welcome, as our Keynote Speaker, HRH Queen Diambi Kabatusuila of Kasai, Democratic Republic of Congo.
Queen Diambi will share her views on future opportunities for trade and partnerships between the UK and Africa.
Please join us for a fascinating debate and views from Europe, Asia and the Americas of the UK in the 21st Century.
- 9:30 Welcome and Introduction; Dr Robin Daniels, CEO, South West Business Council.
- 9:35 Chairman’s business briefing; Tim Jones, Chair, South West Business Council.
- 9:45 Free Trade Agreement or WTO – which way now?; Craig Carey-Clinch, Managing Director, Rowan Public Affairs.
- 9:55 Top tips for global exporters; Ben Travers, Head of IP & IT, Stephens Scown LLP.
- 10:05 Panel Discussion
- 10:15 Cracking Japan; Janet Sawyer BEM, MBE, Executive Chair, Little Pod Ltd.
10:25 – 10:35 Break & Networking
- 10:35 Prospects for global trade – Europe, India and the Commonwealth; Professor Alex de Ruyter, Director, Centre for Brexit Studies, Birmingham City University
- 10:45 Brexit, Tax and other opportunities; Chris Walklett, International Tax Partner & Wendy Andrews, Director of VAT, Bishop Fleming LLP.
- 10:55 The view from China; Darren Horne, CEO & Dr Aili Zhu, Aspen Waite China UK. Rob Cochrane, South West China Alliance.
- 11:05 The view from India; Siddharth Mukne, Associate Director at UK India Business Council.
- 11:15 Panel Discussion
11:30 – 12:00 Break & Networking
- 12:00 The view from Africa; HRH Queen Diambi Kabatusuila of Kasai, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- 12:15 Q&A
- 12:30 The future of international trade for the South West; Craig Carey-Clinch, Managing Director, Rowan Public Affairs.
12:45 – 13:00 Networking & Close
For more information, and to book your tickets please click HERE.