Date(s) - 30/04/2019
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This course is aimed at those involved in the administration of international trade to ensure an understanding of product classification to meet the demands of international trade in both exporting and importing. Understanding tariffs and commodity codes leads to correct calculation of taxation and duties, as mistakes leading to non-payment or underpayment are considered a serious matter by HMRC. They also lead to duty reliefs so getting this right could save you money.
Workshop Programme Details
- Overview of the harmonisation system
- Harmonisation system legal guidelines
- Correctly classifying goods with examples
- Understanding tariff codes
- General rules of interpretation
- Tools and sources of informationWho Should Attend
Anyone directly involved in the administration of international trade or who indirectly inputs to trade processes. This may include product designers, product engineers, production management, finance and purchasing.