This course will suit anyone involved in importing and exporting goods, arming you or
your employees with the knowledge to efficiently trade internationally. Understanding this topic is essential to accurate reporting of international trade, leading to paying the correct taxes and duties. Getting this wrong can have significant implications and cost savings can be made when done correctly.
Workshop Programme Details
- Understand the terms “preference” and “origin” and the differences between preference and non-preference
- Understand the principles of free trade agreements
- Understand the use of origin documents
- Understand the use of preference documents
- Understand the principles of origin and how it is calculated
- Understand the 60% rule, and how it is applied
- Understanding “Ex Works” pricing
- Direct transportation rules, and moreWho Should Attend
This course is aimed at owners/proprietors of small businesses that manage their
own import and export services and personnel who administer the documentation, sales, purchasing, despatch, logistics, freight forwarders and companies embarking on international trade.