Alistair has over 25 years international experience living and working overseas both as a diplomat and also in the private sector.
Alistair spent 16 years as a UK diplomat serving in a number of roles and countries with his final posting being Trade Development in India between 2001 and 2005. He led on a range of sectors and supported over 90 companies to achieve trading status.
Alistair joined the private sector working in both Prime and SME environments where he has held several ED/NED positions. Alistair has managed P&Ls, operations and clients across over 50 markets. He has driven many key strategy, market entry, client/stakeholder engagement, partner identification, innovation and transformation programmes that delivered organisational success and shareholder value. These have consistently surpassed goals and boosting revenues while managing costs.
Expertise & experience:
- As a director in both Government and private sectors across multiple markets including UK, EMEA, India and APAC
- 12 years P&L experience in MENA and India, including 10 years with a FTSE 100 company, overachieving profitability and revenue targets
- UK Diplomat for 16 years including 4 years in UK Trade in India as head of Aviation, Infrastructure and Security. Other roles included political, consular, immigration and HR
- M&A, Offset management, development of new product lines and partnerships
- Specialist sectors: Government, Oil & Gas, Hospitality, Aviation, Banking and Retail
- Drove commercial and operational success and built profitable and compliant business
- Board/senior level customer engagement and negotiation across multiple functions and cultures
- Extensive change management covering restructuring, organisational design and education of internal and external stakeholders
Alistair is a member of the Institute of Directors, Institute of Export, APMP and Sussex Chamber of Commerce.